Best .25 Calibre Pellet Rifle
As a class of firearms, air rifles have become popular with marksmen and small game hunters alike. The .25 calibre air rifle is largest of the four most popular calibers and is more suitable for bigger game and varmints than a .177 or a .22 calibre rifle. But with so many choices on the market, how can consumers know that they are getting the most for their money? We make it easier for you here.
Why .25 Calibre?
As the largest of the most popular four calibers, some shooters would say: Why not? A .25 calibre air rifle throws the biggest pellet of the top four and since 1906 there have been many advances in the field which help .25 calibre air rifles throw those pellets faster and farther.
Hunters will tell you that - at closer ranges - nothing beats the heavy hitting stopping power of the .25. Game from squirrels up to and including coyotes can be taken on with a .25 air rifle without needing to worry about your quarry getting back up and running away. The only consideration to be made is how much to expect from what you spend.
This rifle is an American made favourite among merchants and buyers alike. It is so popular that many vendors find it selling out and are unable to keep up with its high demand. It was modeled after Korean PCPs and is designed for power and accuracy.
- Features an 8-shot repeater complete with an auto-indexing feature.
- Internal shroud, the gun is actually very quiet for its calibre.
- Choked barrel for improved accuracy
- Metal two stage adjustable trigger
- Powered by compressed air
- Built in pressure guage
Other powerful features that make this rifle stand out and beat the competition include; a raised aluminum breech, a hardwood Monte Carlo stock, and quick-release Foster fittings for speedy refills. Included with this wonderful gun are sling swivel studs and a degassing tool to remove unused air.
The Hatsan Vortex .25 calibre air rifle uses regular air instead of any other type of gas. This gun has been specifically designed to provide a quieter shooting experience that lacks the grinding sounds afforded by spring-powered guns. At an incredibly affordable price, this is a great first gun for people just looking at getting their first .25 calibre.
- TruGlo Fibre Optics (micro adjustable rear and front sights to increase accuracy),
- Ambidextrous Cheek pieces (perfect for right or left handed shooters)
- Anti bear-trap safety prevents accidental discharge.
- Monte Carlo styling on butt stock
- Rubber recoil pad
- Built with a Vortex gas piston, offering benefits like smoother cocking and shooting, no spring torque or fatigue and the ability to function fully in cold weather. Also a gas piston and a much longer life than a traditional spring
This is a solid but lightweight and affordable gun with some great modern features that you will see on much more expensive rifles
The Webley Patriot air rifle is the perfect choice for taking down pests or hunting game. This rifle is known for its longer range than most spring-piston air rifles. If that wasn’t enough, this gun is also incredibly accurate. The Webley Patriot has a longstanding reputation for superiority at a budget friendly cost. Reviews have indicated that in order to get the most performance out of your Patriot, it is recommended to use medium to heavily weighted pellets. This will slow the pellets velocity, but the slower speed stabilizes the pellet and delivers more energy to the target
- 2 stage adjustable Quattro trigger
- TruGlo Sights
- Tuned vibration absorber
- Power-Lok mainspring
- Extremely powerful
This German crafted beauty is a leader in its class. The Diana has a worldwide fan club of novices and professionals alike. Whether you are a hunter, plinker or target shooter, this rifle is ahead of its class. The high price of this .25 calibre rifle is balanced by its durability and reliability. It will deliver years of faithful service if it is kept properly. Between its accuracy rating and unique craftsmanship this a highly desirable choice.
- Rifled steel barrel with muzzlebreak
- Two stage adjustable metal match style trigger
- 11mm optics dovetail (does not come with open sights, you will need to purchase a scope)
- Adjustable rubber butt pad
- Dual raised cheekpieces
This high-priced, high-quality .25 calibre air rifle is another American made beauty. It is a great “bang” for your buck however as the AirForce Condor comes equipped with multiple accessory options. The AirForce Condor has been deemed one of the most powerful PCP rifles on the market today.
This rifle has a unique appearance and design, making it stand out from the crowd. An exceptionally positive note on this power house of a gun is that it lacks the sometimes painful recoil that other powerful rifles may have.
- Lothar Walther barrels reduce recoil/kick
- Accurate 24” barrel has a 1:16 twist and is capable of delivering 1” groups at 50 yards
- Ability to change barrels
- Extendible and foldable bipod
- Rubber butt plate
When shopping for a .25 calibre air rifle, keep in mind that you are looking for accuracy, durability, power and ease of use. A good secondary feature to watch for in the large calibre category is any type of dampening technology to lessen the noise and recoil. Whatever your desire when choosing a .25 calibre air rifle, we are certain that any of these brands will keep you satisfied, but as to which is a perfect match is up to your needs, budget and personal style.